Snow Day #2


After all the hype about the "snowmageddon" that was coming our way, I'm really glad we actually got some snow AND a couple snowdays from school! We didn't get quite as much snow as central Nebraska but I'm still tired from shoveling what we did get! 
So, that was yesterday, today I sewed.


This grocery sack filled with weird shaped scraps has been floating around in my sewing mess since I made THIS quilt. I don't know why I kept them separate from my other scraps. I decided to challenge myself to only use the scraps in the bag to see what I could come up with.


Scrappy Triangles is what happened. 
I only had enough scraps to make this little group of triangles.
Then I found my white scraps and thought hmmm...maybe those could work for a background.


I put it all together kind of like the floating squares quilt, cutting and sewing squares of white fabric to fit. 



Here's how it turned out. I feel like it looks like something I pinned on Pinterest awhile ago, even though I was making it up as I went. I do like it, especially since I used up so many scraps! 


It measures 36" x 39"
I'm thinking this could be a cute baby quilt. 
Maybe with a border to make it bigger?

Comments

  1. Jen, This is great! I love its free-form and I think you've balanced it really well. If it were my quilt, I wouldn't do a border. I think the color pops and a border might distract. It's your quilt, though, so do what inspires you! Very fun!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I think I will continue to use up my white scraps to add some inches on the sides and if I have a few more scraps in these colors I might add some little bits in there.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts