I had intentions of working in my yard this afternoon, but when I got out of church, the wind was really blowing. Booo. I ditched the yard work idea pretty quick. I'm not to the point of wanting to work too hard outside yet anyway. Sitting on the patio and reading the Sunday paper with a cup of coffee, however, did sound good, so I got out the lawn chair and my paper and sat in the sun. Ahh it was so nice, the warm sun on my face, the birds chirping and the squirrels scampering around. I got about halfway through the front page of the local section when the neighbor's dog began yip yapping at me (not pleasant). I think he somehow squeezed through the fence because when the barking stopped, I turned around and there he was on my patio. The little pip squeak didn't even come over to me to say hello, he just trotted off, happy to be on the other side, I guess.

Spring is slowly making an appearance and I am slowly but surely working on a couple projects. My motivation has been pretty non existent with all the cool and cloudy days we've been having but I pulled out my maple leaf blocks that I made FOREVER ago and got them put together into a top. Taking a pic with the wind today wasn't happening so I worked on getting the backing together.
Now I can't decide how to quilt the thing!

I'm getting excited about my hexie project and I really want to finish it but I have to keep reminding myself that this is a SLOW project that will take a lot of time to finish. I'm also undecided on how big I want to make it so there's that. For the time being, it's nice to look at on my design wall ha!

Here's hoping for a more productive week! Wait, what am I saying?
This is Holy Week.
I'll be at church almost every night.
Maybe I will be more productive after Easter? 









Comments

Popular Posts