Finished Fingerpaints Quilt

 






I was so excited that I finished this quilt, I entered it in the county fair! I didn't win any ribbons but that's ok. It's a busy one!  I think to get the maximum fingerpainty-ness of the quilt, it has to be viewed from a distance.

The pattern is from Quilt Fort Co's Fingerpaints QAL . I enjoyed playing with my own color scheme and figuring out how to make the pops of light and dark travel across the quilt. It was an interesting challenge for me to take a traditional block and see how wild and almost unrecognizeable I could make it. I quilted it with simple cross hatching and the binding is white...which I totally bled on trying to tack down the corners. The backing is a pretty watercolor flowery fabric. I love how colorful this quilt is and I'm glad I tried it! 

Fingerpaints Quilt
62.5" X 64.5" 

Comments

Popular Posts