A Pinecone Adventure

 















Gosh, it's been quite some time since I've updated here! I suppose I feel like there hasn't been much to blog about. Or maybe I don't have much to say these days.  Crafting and creating has been pretty non-existent for me. I just don't feel like it. But I have felt a small shift with the holiday season. I am making an effort to get back to crafting and blogging starting today! 

I had all of Thanksgiving week off from work. I didn't know how much I needed a break until I realized I hadn't left the house for four whole days. I was TIRED. Anyway, I did manage to get outside for a nice walk towards the end of the week. I picked up pinecones at the park, thinking I could craft some Christmas decorations. I read that fresh pinecones should be baked to get rid of bugs and mold and such. I lined a baking sheet with parchment paper and baked the pinecones in a 200-degree oven for 3 hours. That made the house smell really nice and piney! I liked that the pine sap hardened on the cones which made them less sticky. A few hours and lots of glitter later, I had crafted a door hanger and a simple garland to hang in my room. A fun little project that didn't cost me anything to make! 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts