WIP Wednesday

     Happy Wednesday! I was going through some photos and found this one of a baby hat I knit awhile back for my sister's sister in law.


I used a pattern from the book Itty Bitty Hats. I added the scallop design for fun and crocheted the flower. I had to make several flowers because I sorta forgot how to make them! 

Here's what I'm working on this week.

 I'm taking a little break from my dad's wall hanging because suddenly the other night I had to figure out how to make a herringbone quilt. I saw one at the quilt show and then I must have seen one on pinterest or something. I chose two fabrics from my stash and started making half square triangles the fast way, eight at a time. 

I've trimmed sooo many half square triangles. It's so tedious! 
I was saying to myself, "just keep trimming, just keep trimming!"


All the trimming is worth it though because now my blocks are going together so nicely!


I hope I can stay motivated to finish this up.

The other morning, I just happened to catch a quilting show on tv. The woman was showing how to make hexagons from a circle of fabric. She said it was the old fashioned way of doing it. I had to try it!


I cut out some circles and started sewing.


Now I can't stop making them! 


I've got a little stack of these started. Any ideas about what I should make? I'm thinking something small like maybe a pillow. 

Comments

Popular Posts