I Need A Rhubarb Person

  















I have had such whackadoodle energy this last week. I have felt like bursting out of my skin several of the days. Or I've been so tired that I have to take a nap. I feel like I'm supposed to be doing something but what it is, I don't know. I feel weirder than normal if that makes any sense! To add to the goofiness, tonight I'm sitting in my backyard, waiting to see the lunar eclipse. I mean, why not? It's supposed to happen around 11 pm so that's not too terribly late for me. The sky is clear, so I think I'll have a great view. 

Today was my first attempt at making a tart! A couple of weeks ago, I picked up a tart pan for a couple dollars at the thrift store. Today was the day to try it out! I wanted to make something with rhubarb but I wasn't able to find any. Instead, I made this Chocolate Tart. I experimented with swapping out the flour for gluten free mix and the butter and cream with plant based versions. I wanted to see how it would turn out. I think it worked great! It is VERY chocolatey because I used dark chocolate chips. Next time I'll try semi sweet like the recipe recommends. Have you ever made a tart? Let me know your favorite recipes! 

Comments

  1. haha i just saw this blog post title and I knew it was you...I need a rhubarb person too..hmmmm?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts