Have You Got Your Ears On?

 













I had an eventful week. I attended a quilt guild meeting in person for the first time in what felt like YEARS. It was so nice to see people and chat. I babysat for the first time in YEARS for my friends on Friday night. That was fun. It brought back lots of memories of all the babysitting I did in high school and college. I had forgotten how peculiar it feels to be in someone else's house with it's different sounds and smells and their things. The waiting in anticipation for them to come back home. It's funny to me how I have forgotten that stuff. Saturday night, my friend Rachel and I attended a concert with the violinist Ezinma and the Voices of Victory Gospel Choir. That was a lovely time! 

Since the weather is beginning to warm up, I decided to start cleaning up my flower beds. Before I could do that, I had to run to the store for yard waste bags. On the way there, I heard this radio show that was called "truckin country" or something to that effect. I don't normally listen to country but this show was playing all the old country songs that made me remember being a kid and visiting my grandparents at the farm. Grandpa Van Dyke had a CB radio. I remember him talking over the radio with the truckers as they traveled down highway 183. And one time, he let me talk on the radio! They had these CB'er coffee mugs like this one which I remember reading outloud and trying to figure out what all the sayings meant haha. I don't often have memories of grandpa, so when I do, it feels like a special message. The message from him is always HAVE FUN 😊 It's a good reminder for me. I can get a little serious sometimes. I think life is picking up around here though, there's lots of fun to be had! Happy April and have a great week friends! Let's have some fun! 

Comments

Popular Posts