Pretty In Pink




I dream about houses quite often. I've heard that a house in a dream is a symbol of yourself while the different rooms represent aspects of your world. I wonder what it means that on this particular night, I dreamed about two different houses? The first was a recurring dream about a house that I love. When I walked in the door, I was like, oh yeah, I remember this place! I immediately told the woman living there that I LOVE THIS HOUSE! But this page is not about that dream, so, moving along!

March 30th, 2019

I'm standing on a deck in a backyard. It's night time and I can hear a man talking. I walk towards the place where he is sitting. I notice his large belly and dark, balding hair. I don't know him or why I'm there. He hands me a lit cigar. I walk into the house through the back door and notice the place has a lot of rooms. When I get to the center of the house, it's a dark, backstage area. People are changing in and out of costumes. Coming and going. It's bustling with energy. Out of the darkness, my sister Becky walks towards me. She is wearing a pink feather dress and a crown made from lit candles. Pink feathers are floating around her. I compliment her on how fabulous she looks. I exit the house through the front door and walk down the sidewalk in the dark. I put the cigar out in a puddle of melted snow. As I turn to go back toward the house, I notice that I am carrying a hammer in my left hand. Suddenly, I hear loud cracking noises in the sky, like the sound a glacier makes when an iceberg breaks free. I start silent screaming but I don't know why, there is nothing to be afraid of. 

I dream about my family quite a bit. For as long as I can remember, going all the way back to being a little girl, the family member I dream about the most is my sister Becky. She is my constant dream companion. I even had a friend tell me once that he dreamed of my sister and I. I thought it was weird since he had never met her in real life and I don't remember telling him very much about her. Maybe I did? Isn't that interesting? Anyway, I had to make this image of Becky in her pink feather dress and candle crown. I am so thankful for all the ways she has helped me, especially in the last year. She's a great sister, in dreams and real life! 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts