Airwolf

 Well, here we are, summer break. It doesn't seem like summer break since I've been on break since mid-March. Nonetheless, summer is my favorite season. I really love being outside as much as possible. I hope to soak up the morning sun and stay out stargazing all night long asap. 

This unusual dream from last July reminded me of summer nights when I was a little girl. When the sun began to set, I would sit on the deck and watch for the hummingbird moths to visit the flowers. The air would cool down. The lightning bugs would come out by the hundreds and I would imagine that they were lighting up a tiny city beneath the corn stalks in the field behind our house. If the moon was full, it would light up our whole driveway, and my sisters and I would play outside as long as we could before bed. Sometimes, if my bedroom window was open, I'd fall asleep to the sounds of coyotes howling and the whippoorwill singing his nightly song. There's something magical about those summer nights. This dream from last July feels a bit magical as well.  

July 1, 2019


I'm walking along a wooded path, the closeness of the summer air around me. It's pitch black but I seem to navigate in the darkness with no trouble. As I near the end of the path, I can see a clearing. It's a wide-open grassy space lit by a single farm light. There's a house I don't recognize on my left. As I step into the clearing, a portal opens up above my head in the sky. But it's not high in the sky, it's directly above my head. Two wolves appear and are looking down at me. I am not afraid, in fact, I try to get closer and I reach up to touch them.   


Suddenly, you are there by my side. I was glad to not be the only one seeing this wild spectacle. 

 Look! I said, Let's talk to them! As if approaching and speaking to these wild, fierce, flesh-eating animals is a safe and normal everyday thing. 


One of the wolves talks to you but I cannot hear what is being said. I hold out my hand to the wolf and ask him to come to me but he doesn't. Instead, he comes down out of the sky and walks with you to the house. I watch you go inside and shut the door while the wolf stands guard outside. 

I can't say that I have ever dreamed about wolves before this dream. It is strange to me how many times wolves have come into my world in the last couple of weeks, though. It's been a bunch. Even today, while I was sitting outside, the neighbor's radio was playing the song "Hungry Like the Wolf" haha. It was time to get this page done, I guess. 

If you've been following along with my little dream project, you know that there is sometimes music attached to my dreams. This was another dream with a song attached. The Day/Night Black/White lyrics jumped out at me as this seems to also be a theme in my dreams. The dance between dark and light. If I ever figure out what it means, I'll let you know. 

Comments

Popular Posts