The Player

These are strange times. I feel like my energy is all over the place. I have no jobs to go to. Nothing I have to do at all. It's weird waking up in the morning realizing that. But, I am safe and healthy. Thankful for this unexpected downtime. It's getting me back to my languishing projects! I hope you are safe and well and taking care of you.  

So, here I am, back to my dream journal project. 

This dream was from February 17, 2019.

There was a man I had been spending a lot of time with. He was very tall and thin with white-blond hair and blue eyes. Handsome. We spent time together eating ice cream cones at the soda shop. Our relationship was happy and fun with no shortage of laughter. This man was very popular with most people in our small town. It seemed that many of our times together were spent in a group of people, so we were usually not alone. 




It was summertime. The town was set up like a board game. Everything was bright and candy-colored. A rainbow path wound around the businesses, down a valley through the houses and continued to far off green places. That's when I realized we were all players in a game. 

The man would hide and say, Come Find Me. People would get on the path and start looking for him. It was a huge game of hide and seek. I chose not to participate because I always knew where he was hiding. No matter what building or room or tree trunk, I could see where he was hiding in my mind. 



I don't know if there was a prize for finding the man. What does one win in a game of hide and seek? Hmm. Anyway, eventually, I decided to be a player in the game. The day was scorching hot, the summer sun blinding. The man said, Come Find Me and all the players jumped on the path to begin the search. I didn't want anyone else to think that I was cheating, so I took a twisty turny route to the place where he was hiding. 



The blue barn was crooked and almost falling down. I climbed a tiny ladder up to a tiny door. I opened the door and peered into the blackness. Two silvery-blue eyes looked back at me. I'm here, I said. His voice whispered back from the darkness, Wow, that was fast. I could sense that he was disappointed I was the one who found him first. At that point, the other players began rushing over and climbing up the tiny ladder. He was happy to see everyone else coming, so I excused myself and climbed back down. As I went to leave, he called after me to wait a minute. So I waited in what seemed like a parking lot. Once everyone else left, he came to me and said he still wanted to get ice cream with me. 

I didn't believe him. 




In remembering the dream today, this song came to mind. Sums up the feeling pretty well. 

Comments

  1. oooo you are so creative! what a story, dream....life? ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts