Elevate


ELEVATE verb
1 : to lift up or make higher
2 : to raise in rank or status
3 : to improve morally, intellectually or culturally
4 : to raise the spirits of : ELATE

Last school year, my friend Logan and I were talking about ideas for his future music classroom. He told me he wanted to cross stitch the word Elevate, put it in a frame and hang it in his classroom. I thought it was a great idea! However, having cross stitched before, I knew how long that would take him to complete. 
Probably FOREVER. 
So I butted into his business volunteered to make him a word quilt. Haha. 


After I said I would make the quilt, I started seeing the word Elevate everywhere. Or hearing people speak it. Isn't that funny? It's like when you buy a new car and suddenly you see that car everywhere.


Anyway, Logan wanted blue letters on a white background. I decided to make the white background an improv floating square piece using low volume fabrics with tiny prints. After the letters were attached, I did some machine quilting and big stitch hand quilting. The sequins were on the table so they got added on there for some fun sparkle.


You know those friends who can always make you laugh? Or they know just how to lift your spirit if you're having a bad day? Logan is one of those friends to me. I am so grateful for the times he has made me feel comfort, joy and inspiration! I hope I do the same for all my friends when their spirit needs a boost.


How do you Elevate people in your life? What are some ways your friends have Elevated you? I'd love to hear your stories! 

Elevate Quilt
14" x 18.5"
Designed and Quilted by me 

Comments

  1. Oh I just saw this post ...late and now I want to break out into song....'you lift me up........ You are that same kind of person that your described Logan to be! I hope this little quilt will be a great inspiration to his new students too!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts