What Are You Going To Keep?

July 2nd. In this dream, my friend and I were having a rapid fire conversation that ended in my face exploding into a purple flower mandala. 


There was only one question from the conversation that I remembered in the morning. He asked, "what are you going to keep?" Hmm. I have no idea what that meant haha. But I vividly remember the flower mandala! Beautiful purple flowers burst out of my face and swirled into the space between us. So weird.


I've been pondering how I wanted to make this page and finally settled on sun dyeing. Summer is a great time to sun dye since the sun is so high in the sky. Of course, I picked the hottest day we've had all summer to try this experiment! I was dripping sweat in my driveway. Anyway, in the past, I've used white fabric and got great results. This time, I was curious to see what would happen if I used my red Inkodye on a colorful piece of fabric. I chose a piece of purple grunge, hoping a purple flower mandala would show through. 


I think it worked out great! I used flowers and leaves from my garden to create the mandala. I like how the grunge fabric made some lighter spots where the dye didn't develop as dark as the rest. My original idea was to just make the mandala but then the lighter spot seemed like a face to me. So I put my face on there. I added the silver stitching and sequins for some sparkle and fun. 


I've had many dreams about the color purple. But in the past couple weeks, I seem to have switched to dreaming about the color blue. Do you dream about colors? I'm so curious to know! 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts