Why Is My Reflection Someone I Don't Know?

March 8th. In the dream, I was in an unfamiliar bathroom, coloring my hair and eyebrows  black. The sink was filled with black dye water, in which I was dyeing a long sleeved, button up shirt. Weird, but anyway, when I looked into the mirror, I had to get very close to see myself because I didn't have my glasses on. When I got close enough to the glass, I saw a woman who looked nothing like me. She was short, with a round face. Small, dark eyes. The hair was cut in a short, chin length bob. I was surprised and wondered who was this woman? She didn't remind me of anyone I know. 

Fast forward to one month later. I was dreaming that I was about to look into a mirror again. I hesitated, remembering that strange woman from before. Who would I see this time? I inched my way towards the mirror. As I cautiously peered into the glass, my concerned reflection appeared, staring back at me. Whew! It was me this time. And I laughed out loud at myself. 


Watch out! It's a two headed monster haha. Obviously, this image is from the second dream. I tried my best to make a mirror image of my face by creating a drawing from a photograph. I then cut out little fabric pieces for all the facial features. The pieces are way small and working with them was way fiddly and annoying. What was I thinking? Also, noses are hard to do. In fabric or otherwise.


I'm curious to know if other people dream about colors? Do you? I have been dreaming about purple for months now. It's never been my favorite color but I am oddly drawn to it at the moment. I decided it might be fun to make a one color page. I got started with all purple fabrics. It wasn't working for me, though. I like the purple and blue together much better.


The background fabric is a piece I ice dyed last summer. I love it for this page. In my dream last night, I was floating in a purple, spacey galaxy for a moment. It was beautiful. Now I feel like this page looks like a two headed monster floating in space haha. 

I'm curious. Have you ever had a dream where you looked in a mirror? Who did you see? 

Comments

  1. Such a cool page and dream. I have not ever dreamt that but then I rarely remember my dreams. Whatever you are doing keep doing it. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts