More Dream Journal Stitchbook Animals

I've finished a few more dream journal pages featuring animals. 

I've had several dreams about a large white dog. Coincidentally, I have seen three white dogs a day for the past three days. Each time I see one, I think, "look at that white dog." Isn't that strange? I think it is. 



In this dream, the white dog was playing happily in the snow. Suddenly, he started growling and barking. I asked him what was wrong and he said, "I'm so lonely, ever since she went away." Then he continued playing in the snow. 
The dog shape came from the Enchanted Forest Coloring Book by Joanna Basford. He is made of white wool felt and sewn on the background by machine. I added a little embroidery for the details. 



This dream happened back in February, near the end of the musical. It had all my favorite things. There was an interesting quilt hanging on a clothesline. A beautiful garden that I was photographing in the evening light. Weird insects that I watched up close. A tiny baby bunny that I held in the palm of my hand. And the color orange. I'm pretty sure it meant that I was excited to have some free time back in my life! 

I'm not good at drawing. I've mostly traced all the shapes for these pages so far. Here are the images I used for this page. The girl with the flower crown on the top left is an illustration by Katy Smail



I used a micron pen to trace my face, flowers and bunny onto white fabric. I set the ink with a hot iron. For the flower crown, I used straight Rit liquid dye to paint the flowers. That was really fun to try and I may have a new obsession for painting fabric! 




The tiger. I was sitting in a garden drinking coffee and minding my own business. Suddenly, I realized that a growling tiger was right beside me. 

I used this Tiger Embroidery Pattern to create the tiger. The tiger body is cut from a batik fabric. The black details are all glued on then sewn down by machine. I used jewels for the eyes because when I was seven years old, my favorite shirt had a tiger with jewels for eyes. Gosh, I loved that shirt! 



That's the last of the dream animals for now. I do have a couple more I could add but I'm ready to move on to some other dreams! 

Comments

  1. Yay...so much fun and I just love this process you are going through to create these unique pages!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts