Fall Break



Ugh the weather. I never know what to wear these days. It's been raining for weeks it seems. Then hooray! A beautiful, sunny day for watching marching band on Saturday. Then it SNOWED on Sunday. I just wanted to cry. Um ok I did cry just a little. The snow has mostly melted off by today but still. I'm not ready for winter. 

I've got a couple days off for fall break, which I was really needing! We made it through our first school concert last week. The first one always feels like a big accomplishment, especially if everyone makes it on and off the stage without any mishaps. And hey, if we make some musical sounds, that's a bonus! I didn't realize how tired I was until yesterday morning when the tears started to come for no reason at all. Well, it WAS snowing but still. Today has been much better, I sewed and listened to music in my sunny sewing room. I took a nap. Did some yoga. It's been good.

I joined in the Modern Fans Sew Along with Suzy Quilts about a month ago. I've been keeping up every week! Here's my blocks for this week...in the snow because, why not? 


I have been terrible at updating here but I have been working on a couple quilting projects. Remember the Superhero Quilt I made for my nephew Jimmy? Originally, I had made a practice Superman when I was testing my pattern. It turned out larger than I wanted so I tucked it away and went back to the drawing board. Anyway, one of the topics being covered at the last quilt guild meeting was pixelation in quilts. Kristie was giving the talk and asked if I could finish Superman. Here he is on a much warmer and sunnier day! 


This piece measures 30" x 41". Just a lil baby quilt. 

Looking forward to one more day off. I wonder what the weather will do tomorrow? 

Comments

Popular Posts