Fall Feels

It's always the first thing I notice. The hissing and hum of summer has suddenly been replaced with silence. The morning sun blinds my eyes as it swings lazily upward in the sky, stopping short of it's summertime heights. Cooler mornings and perfectly warm afternoons. Dying beauty. My heart starts longing for something. Actually aching for something that I can't put my finger on. I get choked up. Must be fall. 


So to add to my nostalgic fall feelings, this last week was spirit week and homecoming at school. I always try to dress up because one of my life goals is to have fun whenever possible. I also want the kids to participate, too. But mostly it's just fun for me ha! My spirit week costumes hit every decade I've lived through in my life. For Time Travel day, I wore my early 1990's cheerleading sweater and made sure that my bangs were as high and hairsprayed as I could get them. The sweater is still itchy and hot. 


For Character day, my colleagues and I dressed up like 1980's pop stars Wham! and Madonna. 


We are singing "Wake Me Up Before You Go Go" in choir, so it just made sense. The kids today don't know who Madonna is and that makes me feel old. Anyway! That was a fun day and our best costume day of the week. And then the next day was 70's day. It was fun to change up my hair and makeup every day but I was happy to just throw on a Husker t-shirt for Jersey day on Friday! 


While I was digging through my stuff to find my cheerleading sweater, I unearthed my diaries from 8th grade through college. I was pretty consistent about writing down my feelings. Oh my, so many feelings haha. Some of my favorite entries were about what music I was loving and what movies I had seen. What I was working on in piano lessons. How in love I was with Gary. I also wrote about sewing clothes! And then there was this from when I was in college. I've been a quilter for longer than I thought! I really should put a label on my first quilt. 


Happy Fall everybody! 

Comments

  1. Being a school teacher does keep it young doesn't it!! I love your dress up pics! YES! So much fun!!!Fall is a nostalgic time for me as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man lots of feels! I am with you on having fun. I love all those throw back pictures you share of your youth too! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts