Improv Stripes Quilt

I started this quilt last August when I joined in the Improv Stripes QAL hosted by Debbie at A Quilters Table



It's all scraps and I love how it turned out! 


I hand quilted it with big stitches using size 8 perle cotton thread. I decided to do a facing instead of regular binding so the colors of each wonky block weren't interrupted by a binding line.


I just got it back from the county fair. Don't I look like I just woke up? This was at 10 am...not that early haha. Getting up for school next week is gonna be rough! I received ribbons on both of my quilts but the tags were mixed up so they got judged in the wrong categories. I'm not sure what place they would've actually got if they had been tagged correctly. It's just fun for me to enter my quilts in the fair so I'm not upset about it. I had a great time seeing all my friend's quilts there too! 


On the back, I used some left over improv stripe blocks to make some Six Minute Circles. This technique helps you sew perfect circles with freezer paper and glue. I will be using this technique again! 



Thanks again to my mom for letting me have a photo shoot in her garden! 

Improv Stripes Quilt 
35" x 44" 
Pieced and Hand Quilted by me. 

Comments

Popular Posts