Social Saturday

Last weekend, the Lincoln and Omaha modern quilt guilds got together in Ashland for a sew day, ice cream social and mini quilt swap. I had hinted at what I was working on for my partner a couple posts ago. Did anyone guess hedgehogs? 


My partner, Brooke, said she likes bright fabrics, animals and nature. When I mentioned that I have the Fancy Forest pattern she said that she loves the hedgehogs! I went to my stash to see what I could come up with fabric wise. This color palette was inspired by a Pokemon sweatshirt that a kid at school wore almost every other day last year. He sat in the front row, so I always noticed the fun colors, and he wore it so much that I could actually remember what the colors were haha. Also, I was going for an Andy Warhol vibe with the layout (thanks for the idea, Kristie!) 


I used up the last of my cute hedgehog fabric on the back and added the fun hedgehogs holding a banner on the label. 


Here is the awesome musical mini that Brooke made for me! I love the colors she used and the fact that it is music notes is perfect for me. The background fabric even has music notes and symbols. I can't wait to hang it up! 


The sew day/swap was so much fun! Lots of chatting, sewing, games and ice cream! I really enjoyed meeting Brooke and other members of the Omaha guild.


So after all the fun in Ashland, I had a wedding to go to that night. It was the wedding of two former students and I thought it was very sweet of them to invite me. They are both into theater, she likes being onstage and he likes doing the techie stuff behind the scenes. Their reception was on the stage of the Johnny Carson theater at the Lied Center, which was pretty cool! On the tables were Playbills like you would get at a show with a bio blurb for each person in the wedding. Very fun!  I made them a few things for their kitchen. A kitchen towel from some fabric I dyed, a knitted dishcloth and two microwave bowl hotpads. I hope they will get some use out of them! 


After a week of not leaving the house, that was a crazy busy social Saturday! I'm glad I was able to go to it all. Hope you have a great weekend!


Comments

  1. It was fun! Thanks for all your contributions too. :) I want to do an Andy Warhol thing in the future. I love your color palette for the hedgies. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts