The Last 10 Days

Music is my life lately and I guess I'm ok with that. I'm playing a lot of piano right now, so I'm super glad to be done with all the solos I accompanied for at music contest yesterday. A little less music on my brain is nice.


Aunt Bunnie's Parlor

I feel like I've been out and about town quite a bit recently, which is the opposite of the hibernating I want to be doing haha. But hanging out with friends on cold days is a great way to beat the winter blahs and listening to my friend's band play on a Friday night was pretty fun.

I've managed to squeeze in a little bit of sewing. The last LMQG sew day at the IQSCM was a fun time. Quilty friends are the best! I really enjoyed the Eiko Okano exhibit, especially the quilts about food! So quirky and colorful. The Ken Burns collection is good, too, with all his quotes about quilts. You should check it out if you have a chance!

Eiko Okano




Ken Burns Collection



I'm close to having all the hearts appliqued onto the background squares!



Anyone else do Ash Wednesday last week? It was a crazy day for me with singing Valentines and candy hearts and musical rehearsal at school and then the beginning of Lent with a church service that night. Kind of a total 180. Anyway, this pic is from last Sunday morning at church when I was "winging it" with my musical selections for the morning. Ha. True confession, I was totally winging it at this morning's services, too. 



Today, I attended the Lincoln Civic Orchestra concert because one of our former choir students was performing a solo. He did a wonderful job and I was so proud of him and how much he's grown vocally. I was also happy to find out that so many people I know play in the orchestra! I might have to go to their next concert. 


I've finished up my plus blocks! Now to find some time to sew them together. All of my evenings for the next two weeks are going to be spent at school preparing for opening night of our musical, Little Shop of Horrors. Maybe I'll sew again in March? 



I'd love to hear what you do to beat the winter blahs!

Comments

  1. Oh to be musical is such a gift....wish I were talented in that area. :) :) Catching up on your blog and all your sewing projects are wonderful. Love your little hearts especially.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts