Winter Time


It has almost been a month since I last checked in here. December has been a blur with all the rehearsals, performances, auditions and parties I've had to attend. I'm so ready to be home where I can settle in with a book or puzzle. Maybe just be cozy under a pile of quilts with Gary and some warm cookies? Dare I say, hibernate? It feels like the right thing for me to do right now, I need a day off!

Winter arrived yesterday with gloom and freezing rain. The sun shone today, though, and the big news in Lincoln is the implosion of the Cather and Pound dormitory halls on the UNL campus. It's quite a sight to see, a tall building crashing to the ground, isn't it? I watched it online after the fact since I was still at school for finals. We were most likely singing Karaoke when the dynamite exploded. 


My busy December began with the LMQG holiday party. I was part of the cast of the murder mystery dinner, "Horrible Happenings at the Winery." My character, Mera Low, was into quilting tools, so I wore a tool belt with quilt tools and gadgets. 


We had so much fun with the play. And surprise, surprise, I was the murderer!! We thought for a second that the murderer could be Pina Grigio, aka Kristie.


Part of the mystery involved wine related quilt blocks. You can see how the quilt looks with everyone's blocks. Here's my block! 


I have so enjoyed being a member and the social media person of the LMQG for the last two years. I'm passing the social media torch on to Julie and I know she will do a great job! I've met lots of new quilty friends who have shared great quilting ideas with me, one being the journal covers I shared last month. Kristie surprised me with this gift of a journal she made along with an LMQG mug! I just love the big stitch quilting she did. I can't wait to fill the journal with quilt ideas and plans. Thank you, Kristie! I am so thankful for our friendship and I can't wait for more adventures in 2018!



Another unexpected gift came from my friend, Joni. Isn't the cover of this book fabulous? I can't wait to read it over winter break! 


Here's how the rest of the month has looked, according to the photos I snapped along the way...minus all the choir concerts, kid programs and one cranky Santa Claus who said "Reindeer Poop" when I took his picture haha. 










Thank you so much for stopping by here and for your sweet comments throughout the last year! 
May your days be Merry and Bright!
 Happy Holidays and Merry Christmas to you!

Comments

  1. You are so sweet! That star bread is a star pic! It looks professionally made. Love your photos!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts