Mid November Fog

Have you ever heard the old farmer's tale that says 90 days after a fog it's supposed to rain or snow? One of my friends just posted that on Facebook tonight and said we should expect a blizzard on Valentine's Day. We HAVE been having quite a few foggy days lately. I'm ready to see the sun again!





A week ago, I was invited by the Omaha Modern Quilt Guild to do a presentation on big stitch hand quilting. That was a lot of fun! I showed all the quilts I've done with big stitching and told some embarrassing stories about myself (the time I made MC Hammer pants for my 4-H project!) and helped them try some big stitch quilting. I had a good time hanging out with them, they are a fun group! 


photo by Omaha MQG

photo by Kristie Jarchow

I've put together a Pinterest board with Big Stitch Quilting tutorials if you are interested!

I haven't been doing a lot of sewing recently but I did whip up this cute Crayon Monster Art Tote for nephew Liam's birthday. 


I used some fleece for the head and some wool felt for the eyes and horns. The bag is made from denim and is lined with a cute car fabric. I was so happy that when Liam opened his present, he immediately started taking the crayons out. I never know if the kids are going to like the things I make but I think this bag was a win! 


Our Lincoln MQG had our holiday gift ideas sew day last Saturday. I showed the monster bag and a rope bowl. I made several rope bowls for gifts last Christmas but this one is for me! Rope Bowl Tutorial


What do you like to make for holiday gifts? I'm always looking for new ideas!

Linking up with Let's Bee Social at Sew Fresh Quilts

Comments

  1. That monster bag is super cute! Thanks for the big stitch quilting link; big stitch quilting is something I've thought about but haven't tried yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. SUPER CUTE monster tote! I do really like big-stitch quilting. I've only done one quilt that way - need to do some more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I missed this post too...? So love it all. I want to know how you did that little polka dot print center to your bowl. I need to get going on one of those soon.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts