Feathered Star Mini Quilt










Well, I had to wear socks today. The Linden tree has already shed it's yellow leaves and the North wind is blowing them into a large pile on my driveway and all over the sidewalks and grassy places. We tried to wait to turn on the furnace until November but changed our minds when we saw the freeze warning in the weather forecast. I picked the last of the the pretty zinnias this afternoon and admired the burning bush for a few minutes. I think I will make soup tomorrow. 

I'm still struggling with getting much sewing done. This last week was busier than I expected. But! I did finish the mini quilt for our modern quilt guild challenge. The challenge was to create a 16" quilt using solid fabrics in black and white with one pop of color. We each had to randomly choose a modern quilting element out of a bag. I got modern traditionalism. I chose to make a feathered star (pattern HERE) and I reversed the black and white on one side. I'm not crazy about my quilting but I didn't really want to redo it haha. I'm happy to have a small finish! Happy Weekend!


Linking up with Finish It Up Friday at Crazy Mom Quilts

Comments

Popular Posts