Fancy Forest Finish

I'm so happy to have finished this baby quilt! It took me a couple starts and stops to get it done. 


This quilt is going to my cousin's new baby. I chose the pattern because of the cute rabbits. My cousin is an animal lover and she raises rabbits, so I figured this would be perfect! As it turns out, my friend Kristie also knows my cousin (such a small world!) and she offered to help out with some blocks and she let me use a bunch of her fabric stash! All of the cool variegated fabrics came from Kris :) Thanks so much!!


For the backing, I pieced together a bunch of fabrics that have been in my stash for awhile. I'm getting to the point where I don't have many large cuts of fabric left in my stash! 


I'm so excited about the quilting! I tried a woodgrain design for the first time and it was actually pretty fun to do! I followed this Woodgrain Quilting Tutorial. I'm not very adventurous when it comes to machine quilting because it's just so hard to do on a domestic machine! But this woodgrain was very manageable on this small quilt. 




Not gonna lie, the fireflies were tricky to put together correctly! It was definitely a "first thing in the morning while my brain was fresh after a cup of coffee" kind of block! 


I had to show it off at our Lincoln Modern Quilt Guild Meeting! 
Finished size: 32" x 45.5" 
Pattern: Fancy Forest Quilt by Elizabeth Hartman
Blocks made by Kristie and Me
Machine quilted by me

I'm looking forward to tackling the next project in the pile!

Comments

  1. Ohh, that wood grain pattern in the quilting is neat! I might have to try that one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love your version of this, the smaller size is perfect, it really highlights the individual blocks. Great colors with these fabrics. Your quilting came out great, nice finish!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts