Quilty Adventures of Kristie & Jen and Last Week Randomness

Last Thursday, our Lincoln Modern Quilt Guild took a road trip to the Kansas City Regional Quilt Festival. My good friend Kristie and I drove there and back on Thursday. We had a great time looking at all the quilts (overwhelming) and shopping the vendors.


 I came home with a few yards of fabric and a sashiko kit. If I had the money, I would've bought one of every color of these Painters Palette Solids. They were so pretty!


On the way home, we ran into some stormy skies, but luckily, we were on the edge of the storm and stayed out of the rain and hail. The wind sure was blowing though! Kristie kept us on the road and we made it home safely.


Here's more sky pictures from last week.





I've spent a lot of time working in my yard and I've actually done a little bit of sewing!



I started these Fancy Forest animals awhile back when I found out that my cousin was having a baby. Well, things got busy and she had the baby and I still haven't finished the quilt. But! I'm making progress and Kristie is helping me make these because she knows my cousin as well. How crazy is that? It's such a small world. Hope you are having a good week. Thanks for hanging in there to the end of my random ramblings haha! 

Comments

  1. Sometimes the random ramblings are the best :-) love the clouds God's handiwork is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes the random ramblings are the best :-) love the clouds God's handiwork is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jennifer,
    It looks like you and your bestie had a great time! I love the forest animals - the hedgehog is just so darn cute. I just made the fox into a wall hanging for a friend. She had a baby boy on Monday and named him Fox Edward . . . so it was fitting. ~smile~
    Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely post! How nice to have a quilty friend to go on quilty adventures with! Your photos are all amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay you posted. That was literally a whirlwind trip!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts