Hello There!



Hello! Wow life has been busy lately but the end of the school year is in sight! I am so ready for summer sewing! I have actually been doing some sewing but it's secret so I can't show it yet. Here is a little project I whipped up a couple weeks ago. I saw this free applique lettering pattern and tutorial on Shannon Brinkley's website and immediately had to give it a try! I love her technique for transferring the letters to the fusible and fabric. It's an easy process that produces great looking results with no writing letters backwards or peeling little bits of paper backing!


I think the script font is so cute! I decided to make a door hanger to brighten up my plain front door and sorta cover the peeling paint..


I didn't sew around the edges of the words with a zig zag or satin stitch but I'm hoping that the quilting will hold it down.


It doesn't quite cover the peeling paint haha! Finished size is 11" x 16"
Happy weekend!



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts