Rainbow Spiderweb Quilt

I've been wanting to take some pictures of this quilt for a couple weeks now but the weather has not been cooperating with all the dreary, rainy days. The sun was shining today though! Gary and I managed to get a couple photos, even though it was windy.


It's super rainbowy, isn't it? I think I was really needing some color therapy when I started this project. I'm so happy with this quilt, it's made from scraps and fabrics from my stash. My goal was to use up what I have and I did! Even the batting is made from pieces patched together.


I sewed some larger pieces of fabric together for the back, in rainbow order, of course! The quilting is simple diagonal lines that I kept straight by following a strip of painters tape. I'm lazy about marking, so the tape works great for me!


For the binding, I chose some dark blue fabric that I've had forever. I'm feeling pretty good about using up all that fabric!




Rainbow Spiderweb Quilt
Finished size: 56" x 56"
Machine pieced and quilted by me
HERE is my original post about this quilt.

Linking up with Finish It Up Friday at Crazy Mom Quilts

Comments

  1. I love this one, especially the blues in the background. It's great that you used everything from what you had on hand. Pretty finish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That turned out stunning!
    I love the painters tape tip too :) I'm working on one now that would have been a good candidate for that method.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this. So bright and cheerful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty! And like the others said, so cheerful and happy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Marianne! It makes me happy just looking at it!

      Delete
  5. I love this so much and these pics turned out great. I love the bicycle pic too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So beautifully bright!!! Exactly what is needed after the gray of winter

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so bright and happy. I love it and will have to make one myself.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts