Mom's

    
     My mom had foot surgery on Tuesday, so I've been hanging out at her house all week.


The smoke from the Canadian forest fires made for an interesting red sun on the drive. 


We had to be up at 4 AM to get to mom's surgery on time. I drank A LOT of coffee that day and got some work done on my hexies while I waited. Mom's friend Dennis came and kept me company which was so nice. Mom's surgery went just fine and we took her home. And THEN! That evening, Mom's garden was featured in the St. Paul garden walk! Guess who got to host?
  

Yep, ME!
 I'm glad I know a little bit about plants because I was able to answer some questions about what mom has planted.
How about some flower pics.



Since mom can't walk on her foot for a month, I've been trying to help out with whatever she needs done. Yesterday, I ran some errands to the post office and library.


Then mom's friends came over for some ice tea and conversation. Mom's kolaches were delicious!


I've also been spending time watering the garden, picking beans and cooking. 
Shh don't tell Gary about the cooking part! :)


And then there's this little guys who needs walks and scratches and treats! :)


Teddy has been a lot of fun, even if he does scare the crap out of me at midnight with his creepy howling. 


I did bring my sewing machine and some projects to work on. One being that dang t-shirt quilt. I haven't touched it since I got here but I have started a couple hot pads! 


So that's what I've been up to!
 I hope you have a festive weekend!

Comments

  1. Thanks for sharing. I so enjoyed seeing what you are up to. Hope your mom heals fast.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts