Spirit Flame

My summer break is finally here! This last week has been pretty busy, though. Tuesday night was another Lincoln Modern Quilt Guild meeting and we had a make and take mug rug project. It was supposed to be a glue together project but I was too slow putting my hexies on to get to the end. I finished mine up yesterday and I like it!

This month's challenge for the quilt guild was to make an improv project. It could be anything and any size, it just had to be completed by the meeting. I decided to go for it! I finished 30 minutes before the meeting but hey, I got it done!


I recently bought "The Improv Handbook for Modern Quilters" by Sherri Lynn Wood. My improv project would fall under the "Get Your Curve On" score. I actually followed her tutorial on her website for the Mod-mood quilt. At any rate, I had a lot of fun putting this together and here are some process photos.


I really enjoyed putting this together but it was definitely a challenge for me. The hardest part was figuring out how the pieces were all going to fit and lay flat!! I'm not crazy about my quilting but I'm glad I tried it. I did have to do a little blocking to get the finished piece to lay flat. 
I decided to call this Spirit Flame because Sunday was Pentecost and it looks like a flame ha! I can't wait to try more improv sewing, this project definitely got my imagination going!

Comments

  1. Thanks for showing the steps as you made this! Very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really pretty! I love that you went for it and worked through it! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes!!!! love this and so glad your cute little mug rug is finished!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts