This border is supposed to represent summer, so I went with greens. I didn't originally envision doing a dogtooth border, I wanted to do something that would look like blades of grass. When I tried that, the proportions were off and it looked bad with the "pointiness" of the rest of the quilt. Now that I have lived with it for a few days, I like how the smaller, green edge contains the craziness of the rest of the quilt.
I think this top is done now, since my dad's birthday is in February and I would like to have the whole wall hanging finished by then!
I'm linking up with WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced.