Thrifty Quilt






A finish! 
This is the quilt I made from thrift store sheets
For each log cabin block, I cut 2.5" strips from the sheets and then a 4.5" square from the flower fabric. The blocks were turning out pretty plain, so I pulled the purples from my stash and added some borders. The quilting is plain old outline stitching, which is about all I could manage. Next time I'm going to try quilt as you go because I had to wrestle this quilt through my machine! Not fun really.
The finished size is 56" x 56".
I'm planning on donating this one to Harold's closet at church. I hope someone will enjoy it, it is really soft because of the sheets and already has a cozy, worn in feeling.

Speaking of cozy, the cooler weather and earlier sunsets make me want to hibernate! I want to quilt and knit and drink cocoa and eat soup. 
My plan is to try a new soup recipe each week. This week, I tried broccoli and cauliflower soup because we had those veggies hangin around in the fridge. I may have roasted the broccoli a little too long because some of the pieces were a bit crispy. Even so, the end result turned out pretty tasty!
Do you have a favorite soup recipe? Please share if you do!


Comments

Popular Posts