Photos From the Weekend


Last Friday evening, Kristie and I went to the International Quilt Study Center & Museum. 


These are a couple log cabin quilts that were on display. 


The red and grey was my favorite! I should have taken a pic of the quilts made from kits display. Walking into that space was like walking into a pretty Easter egg with all the pastel pinks, yellows and greens.

So, Kristie asked if I would like to go to this lecture by quilt artist, Luke Haynes. I hadn't heard of him but I thought it would be fun to go. I'm so glad we went!

Wow he's cool!  
We got to see some of the log cabin quilts he's working on which were made from clothing and other fabric items from Goodwill. His goal is to make 50 of them. Holy cow that's a lot of log cabin quilts! I really loved his appliqued quilts. You can learn more about Luke and his super artistic and interesting quilts here.


We asked if we could take a picture after the talk and he was so nice and said yes. So we took the first pic and then the museum people were like, "Wait! We have this frame!" So we took a pic with the frame haha! Somewhat awkward but sorta fun too. Thanks for inviting me to go, Kristie! I really enjoyed it!

The rest of the weekend was ok. After the lecture Friday night, I was all inspired to see what old clothing I might have that I could turn into a quilt. But then I wasn't feeling very good Saturday, so I sat on the couch and watched the Huskers play and worked on my hexies.

I made soup for the first time this season and this REALLY chocolatey cake. Mmm it was good.

Gary and I did some yard work Sunday. The weather was just perfect! 
My sister from Florida will be here tomorrow. I'm so looking forward to spending some time with her! 
Hope you all have a great week!

Comments

Popular Posts