WIP Wednesday

     Sewing with scraps is one of my favorite things to do. If I want to try a new block or skill, I usually turn to my scrap boxes before cutting up bigger pieces of fabric. That way, if it doesn't work out, I don't feel bad since I've used scraps!
     
     I've been challenging myself to sit down and sew something everyday. I made these rainbow blocks the other day.


I'm thinking about turning these into potholders.

I've had this quilty magazine for several months now. I want to try making the black and white quilt on the cover, but I've never tried curved seams before! 



Each finished block is big, 6 1/2". I went ahead and made the templates but I couldn't bring myself to cut up a big chunk of fabric, especially since this was going to be a first timer block. So, I got out my compass and scaled down the templates to fit my 2" and 3" scraps.



These blocks are small, 3". 
Sewing the curved seams is going...okaaayyy..If these were bigger I'm sure sewing the curves would be easier. I've been pinning the heck out of them, which is a little bit fiddly. So far though, I like where this is going!


Happy Wednesday!

Comments

Popular Posts