What's Blooming in the Yard



I've been spending a lot of time working in the yard and I've almost made it around to all the corners that need work. 


I love this time of year because the roses are blooming and the grass is so green. 


It's fledgling season and we have plenty of grackle nests with babies trying to make it out into the world. Last week, I had to rescue a pair that wasn't quite ready to be out of the nest. Grackle babies are not very cute! My brother Chris says they look like a cuter version of the evil Skeksies from the movie The Dark Crystal! Yes they do, only without the nasty teeth!


This week, I'm hoping to get some sewing done. I've got to buckle down and finish a baby quilt before the weekend. I also have a new quilty friend and a fun project that she and I are going to work on together! More on that soon! I'm pretty excited about it!






Comments

  1. OMG jen that is so funny about Chris's comment about the bird. i was thinking the same thing. ha.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts