Bright Baby Quilt





Several years ago, I made a bunch of baby quilts in this style. I didn't have a blog then but here is the last one I made. 

When Gary's sister Angel asked me to make another quilt like this, I thought, no problem! Easy! 
Then I started cutting and I realized I couldn't remember what measurements I had used before. 

Here's what I did this time:
The animal centers measure 4.5". For the colorful border, I cut 1.5" and 3" strips. I trimmed each block to 7.5" square. These blocks are smaller than I have done before, but I used fabrics from my stash and these measurements worked with the amount of fabric I had.

Once I looked at all the blocks together, I thought the bright colors could be a bit much for a baby quilt. I'm planning on separating the blocks with some white sashing which I think will help break up the brightness and highlight each block. 

It feels good to have time to sew. I hope you are having a productive week!


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts