Remember a year ago when I first posted about this quilt?
Yeah, it's been too long! I worked on finishing the quilting last week. Today I made the binding and got it all finished up.
I took a long time to decide how to make the backing because I just never found a single fabric that I liked. Finally, I went with a muslin backing. I had made some practice letter blocks and I figured they would fit best with the other letter blocks. Plus they would make the back less boring. I sewed up the word love into a strip and the backing was done!
The quilting is simple straight lines done with perle cotton thread, 2 inches apart. I like how the different colors are highlighted on the back. The quilting also makes me think of lined notebook paper, which is funny because I used a notebook when I first drew up the idea for this quilt!
The quilt measure 62" x 80". The binding is yellow chevron and I used the magic binding method.
It feels good to finally have this one done. I really love how it turned out!