Mason City Homecoming 2011

Last Friday afternoon, Mom, Dennis and I loaded up the car and headed to Mason City, NE for the annual Homecoming celebration. These were the flowers mom picked from her garden for the flower show. She received all blue ribbons and made $8.00!


Next was the barn party at my Uncle Charles's barn. We had lots of good food with family and friends. The karaoke machine was fired up. My 93 year old Grandma stayed out until 10:45! 

My Uncle Charles's Model T's were parked across the street because we were partying in his barn. Uncle Charles is a mechanic who has gone to far lengths to restore these vehicles. I remember him taking my sisters and I for a ride in one of these when we were little girls. It was such a treat, and it's one of my favorite memories of Uncle Charles.

This is the huge spider and web that was outside Grandma's house. I almost walked into it! Yikes!
Saturday morning! Time for the parade!
After the parade, Turtle Races!


After the Turtle Races, Pedal Pull! There is also an egg toss competition, but I missed it because I was eating lunch. The competition for Egg Toss Champion gets pretty stiff between my cousins. There was talk of defending titles going around. I wonder who won this year?
The stage in the park has not changed my whole life. I love the red, white and blue.
The Zimmer Garage.
Mom, Dennis and I ate lunch at the Community Center. Homemade chicken and noodles. For dessert, I had a delicious piece of sour cream raisin pie. Yum! I had a wonderful time reconnecting with family in Mason City. If you ever want to join in the fun, Homecoming is always the last weekend in July.

Comments

  1. Gosh, so many of life's wonderful things! Beautiful flowers, barn party, small town main street and parades, old cars, children, the list goes on... Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cindy, we had some fun! Family and small town goodness.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts