Work in Progress Wednesday

When I saw this fabric, I knew it was perfect for Dax's quilt. The colors are exactly what Angel told me she liked. Plus it has giraffes, monkeys, turtles, squirrels with acorns, elephants, and birds!
It's called Central Park.


I pieced together a strip with the leftover scraps from the blocks.

Then added it to the Central Park fabric. I really like doing this pieced strip on the back of a quilt. Sometimes I like the back better than the front!

I needed just a couple more inches of fabric to make the backing big enough. Luckily, I just happened to have the EXACT amount I needed of  that solid blue fabric. I was so happy it worked out like that. That day was hot, and I really didn't want to go to the fabric store! Now to get some batting and start quilting.

Comments

Popular Posts