Winter In My Heart

 Happy winter, friends! It's my winter break from school, yay! We've had some snow here and I have been thoroughly enjoying staying inside and being cozy. I'm also nursing a back injury, so not having to go anywhere feels restful and luxurious. 

I've made one more dream journal page! I wrote down a list of dreams a couple years ago and I believe this short dream is the last one from that time period. 


This dream is from April 19, 2019


I'm standing at the edge of a frozen ocean. Nothing to see for miles except ice and winter sky. I'm wearing a winter coat and mittens. I look to my hands and I'm holding a small box of jewels. It's difficult to look through them with mittened fingers. I'm being very careful not to drop anything into the icy water. 

Do you ever dream of water? Sometimes I dream of pools or bathtubs or lakes. Other times, there is a layer of snow covering the ground. I remember dreaming of both back then. Lately, I've been dreaming of diving bravely into pools. Sitting in warm baths. Water is flowing in my dreams these days. 


My heart felt a bit frozen back then. I'm glad I had the inspiration to create this dream journal project because when I look back now, I can see that I am growing. These pages have become meaningful images for me. And what FUN to try and create them from my dreams!

 My dreams these days are still interesting at times but nothing like what I experienced then. I became aware of myself on a whole new level. Pretty cool. I'm looking forward to putting these pages into a book in the order they occurred! A dream scrapbook, I guess. 

The song that goes with this dream page is:

 Winter In My Heart by the Avett Brothers

Comments

Popular Posts