A Quilt for Stargazing

 








I've started to dig up some unfinished quilt projects this summer with the intention of finishing something...ANYTHING! I've been wanting a bigger blanket that I can lay on in the grass without my feet hanging off. So, my first quilty finish of the summer is this quilt. If you've been following my blog for awhile, you may recognize these fabrics from HereHere, and Here. I couldn't decide how to cut the pieces up because I thought they were so cool on their own. But, I was also ready to not have the stack of dyed pieces just hanging around in my stuff. My solution: put every single piece of indigo, sun dyed and ice dyed fabrics into this quilt! The batting is fluffy polyester that Kristie gave me. Thanks Kristie! (And thanks for bringing out your quilt stand so I could get some pictures!) I had planned on tying it but I couldn't find my big needles. I did some minimal machine quilting instead. Just enough to hold it together. It feels good to have all my dyed fabrics in a quilt! I really like how it turned out and I can't wait to use it for some picnics and stargazing!

A Quilt for Stargazing
61" x 81.5" 



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts