I Spy Quilt

 




Hello friends! Summer break has come to an end for me since school begins on Monday! I had an uneventful summer because I had surgery the first week of June and I spent most of the summer recovering from that. I'm doing really well now, pretty much back to best! I'm thankful I was able to wait to have the surgery until summer break so I did have the time to rest and heal. 

I planned on making this quilt for something to do while I was recovering. My mom came and stayed with me and took care of me which was wonderful! We had talked beforehand about making this quilt together. So she found some fun fabrics in her stash and brought them with her and I pulled out all my kid fabrics and we had enough to make this quilt. I cut and mom sewed. Unfortunately, she ended up being in the hospital as well while she was here, so she didn't get to sew as much as she might have wanted to. (She's doing much better now!) For the back, I found a Cat In the Hat panel that my Aunt Phyllis had given me. I also had some Dr Suess yardage that I got on clearance years ago. I was so excited to use up some of my stash on this quilt! For the quilting, I used a rainbowy thread and machine stiched simple diagonal lines. I think it turned out so cute! I hope my nephew Felix will enjoy it! 

I used this free I-Spy Economy Block Pattern. To make it bigger, I added the solid block border. 

I Spy Quilt 

52" x 57" 



Comments

Popular Posts