Week In The Life : Tuesday

 










Once upon a time, when I was a senior in college and was moving into my first apartment, my mom bought me a couch. I believe she paid $50 for it at a garage sale. Even though the upholstery was not my favorite, the couch itself was the best. It had low arms and was so long, I could lay flat and still have space. I took the best naps on that couch. Anyway, I did not bring it with me in the move. I remember having a dream about the couch before I moved out. In the dream, I walked through a gate into a secret garden. A woman appeared and asked if she could buy my couch and I said I would sell it to her. I was sad that I had to sell it but I thought she would take care of it, I guess. Sort of silly but letting go is hard sometimes. Anyway, all that to say, I bought a new couch and it was delivered today! Yay. 

Comments

  1. When I lived with my brother for a short time he got a couch from the Salvation army that I fell in love with. He took it into married life, moved with it back and forth across the country and finally bought a new couch right before I bought my little house. We kept it and it is showing is age and wear some...I don't want to give it up quite yet!
    Good job!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts