The Last Two Weeks




















In my dream the other night, I was standing in an empty sandwich shop. A man came out of the backroom carrying supplies to refill things on the counter. He was smiling and chattering on about something. Graying hair and glasses. Busy. I realized that not only were we the only two people in the shop, but we were also the only two people for miles around. I walked up to him and asked if he could hug me for a minute. He set down a sleeve of paper cups by the drink machine, smiled at me and said sure. As we were hugging he asked if I was sad. I said yes, but only a little. He said he felt the same. 

How are you doing friends? Have you been having isolation/pandemic dreams? I think that is my first one. I'm so thankful that I'm able to stay with my brother and his family until I find a new place to live. We've been trying to keep ourselves occupied while staying home. I've got a list of things to keep me busy but I don't feel like doing most of them. I started a photo a day challenge on April 1st. That's what most of these photos are from. Let's see, what else is going on? We were very excited and cheered the other day when Felix started taking some steps. I finished knitting a sweater that I started two years ago. Jenny is working on a crochet project. I've been doing some baking and hope to try new recipes. We're looking forward to warmer days so we can go outside and be in the backyard. Especially Felix. He loves being outside! So do I. 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts