The Key


April 14th. We are sitting in the middle of a grand staircase in a hotel. The red carpet begins at the bottom step and goes all the way to the top where a crowd of people are walking about the landing. Some stop to talk to each other, some are in a hurry to get where they are going. As we watch the hustle and bustle, a man in a black suit appears next to us. Even though we are sitting, it is obvious that he is larger than the average man. He is so tall, we have to crane our necks to see his face. He extends his hand to give us something. I notice a gold cuff link on his shirt. We hold out our hands. He places several gold keys in each of our hands. On closer inspection, we notice that they are engraved with different four digit numbers. I see 8344 on one of mine. We start comparing the numbers on our keys. None of them are the same. We start joking around about what they might open. I look up to ask the man what the keys are for but he has vanished. We look at each other wide eyed and say, WHAT DOES IT MEAN? WHAT ARE THESE KEYS FOR?  WHO WAS THAT GUY? 



July 6th. Just before I awoke, these words floated up into my minds eye. 

That which will be, shall be
That is the key
Follow your heart
Then the magic will start

The words rose up, somewhat like a cartoon word bubble that I could only read when it got close. The short phrases were spelled out in a typewriter font. The words came into focus for a brief moment. I jotted each phrase down before it disappeared and then I went back to sleep. When I read what I had written later, I was surprised by it. I was also amused that it rhymed. I wondered if they could be lyrics to a song? I haven't figured that out yet. Let me know if they are familiar to you! 





I have been thinking about making the page about the golden keys for awhile, long enough for my friend Kris to give me the larger heart key to use. Thanks Kris! I knew it was time to get to work on the page when the rhyme about the key and following your heart came through. I saw lots of images of keys in the last week, too, so, ok ok. Get the page done haha. I decided to combine the two dreams into one page because I do feel they belong together. 



Do you listen to your heart? Or do you let your head get in the way? I think I'm still learning how to listen to what my heart is saying. Apparently, if I follow my heart, magical things will happen.
That sounds pretty good to me ❤

Comments

  1. ooooohhh Yes Magical things do happen to you!! :) so cool

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts